The data is an example of performance at standard formulation.
It is possible to alter the formulation to suit the application.
An Architectural Engineering Performance Certification has been obtained
The Sumitomo Rubber Super High Damping Visco-Elastic Damper System was granted an Architectural Engineering Performance Certification by the General Building Research Corporation of Japan
Contents of certification
- (1)Hysteresis properties of the visco-elastic damper
- This visco-elastic damper, when within the appropriate range of application, possesses consistent hysteresis properties (equivalent stiffness, equivalent damping coefficient, yielded load).
- (2)Modeling of hysteresis properties of the visco-elastic damper
- When within the appropriate range of application, and given specific conditions for strain (amplitude), temperature, and frequency, the hysteresisproperties of this visco-elastic damper can be modeled using the Strain Dependency Bilinear Model or the Strain Dependency-type Revised Hardin-Drnevich Model.
- (3)Modeling of hysteresis properties of the visco-elastic damper system
- Given sufficient stiffness and durability of the mounting framework and surrounding structural framework (columns, beams, braces etc.), this visco-elastic damper system should have hysteresis properties proportional to the number of visco-elastic dampers installed, and as such can be modeled.